The Annual Meeting is a free, member-only event that brings together MEEA members each summer to review our accomplishments, network and discuss key issues impacting energy efficiency in the region.
The 2019 Annual Meeting took place June 18-19 in Kansas City, MO. Thank you to all of the attendees, sponsors, speakers and MEEA board members who made the event such a tremendous success.
Slides from the 2019 Annual Meeting are now available for download.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - MEEA Board Meeting
- 2:00-5:00 p.m. - Workshop on Efficiency & Distributed Energy Resources
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. - Opening Member Reception at O'Dowd's Gastrobar
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- 8:00a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Annual Meeting (detailed agenda)
- 2:30-4:30 p.m. - Group tour of Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals
- 5:00 p.m. - Transportation returns to hotel
WORKSHOP: Efficiency & Distributed Energy Resources
In this workshop, we will dive into the changing needs of the Midwest's power sector and the role of distributed resources in effective load management. Energy efficiency is crucial to creating a successful pathway for any state's clean energy or carbon-reducing goals, yet recent plans do not have a clear vision for how these policy proposals work together with distributed energy resources. Looking at electric vehicle charging, micro-grids, battery storage, and other technologies, this workshop will not only identify barriers to growing these distributed resources, but also design positive policy frameworks that Midwest policymakers and regulators could adopt for incorporating these technologies to achieve a well-managed, efficient energy grid.
- Opening Reception Sponsor - sponsored by KCP&L
- Breakfast - sponsored by Daikin
- Lunch - sponsored by EZ Green Home
- Stadium Tour - sponsored by Leidos