COVID Quick Links:
Social distancing may prevent us from collaborating the same as we have in the past, but we're working hard to continue to be a resource to our members and the greater energy efficiency industry. We heard your requests and realized the need to make information related to the COVID-19 pandemic readily available and easily accessible, so we created this page to provide a one-stop destination to resolve your questions and concerns.
If you have a helpful resource you'd like to share amongst the community, or would like to suggest something you've seen a need for, please reach out to Membership & External Relations Director Jen Rhodes at email@example.com. We'll continue to update this page on a rolling basis as we learn more.
We’re working on tracking innovations to program delivery to share on a webinar(s) in the coming months. If you have new ways that you’re offering programs to customers, please reach out to Jen Rhodes. We’d love to hear your creative solutions to offer energy efficiency to customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Impacts and Responses in the Midwest Energy Efficiency Industry
- You may view the slides alone here.
- An Introduction to Four Federal Stimulus Priorities
- Six Months In, EE Workforce Slow to Rebound from COVID-19
- Assessing COVID-19's Impact: How Will the EE Workforce Bounce Back?
- Federal Relief for Small Businesses
Job Loss Maps: See a regional summary and state-by-state breakdown of the last six months of Midwestern EE jobs data here.
MEEA In the News
Efficiency businesses consider an uncertain future with COVID-19, Energy News Network
- Small Business Resources - presented by Ameren Illinois Monday, June 8 | 11 a.m. CT
- Return to Normalcy? Impacts of COVID-19 on the Energy Industry in the Midwest - presented by AESP Monday, June 15 | 1 p.m. CT
- Clean Energy Job Losses in April Worse Than Expected, E2, E4TheFuture, ACORE and BW Research Partnership
- COVID-19 Resources, Building Performance Association
- Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Alliance to Save Energy
- Tell Legislators Your Company's Struggle, E4TheFuture
- Utilities Resource Center, E Source
- Clean Jobs America 2020: Repowering America's Economy in the Wake of COVID-19, E2
MEEA does not lobby, but wanted to offer these opportunities to our members courtesy of the Alliance to Save Energy and Building Performance Association:
- Small Business Energy Efficiency Grant program
- RIGHT Retrofits for Public Buildings
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Expansion of Energy Efficiency Tax Credits
Online Contractor Trainings
Building Performance Institute
Healthy Home Evaluator Certification
- Description: By obtaining the Healthy Home Evaluator certification, contractors will be able to assess home-based environmental health and safety hazards and provide recommendations to address those hazards.
- Link: http://www.bpi.org/certified-professionals/healthy-home-evaluator
- Exam Fee: $200
- CEUs: N/A
Prerequisites Required: Hold, and maintain, an active BPI Building Analyst (BA), Multifamily Building Analyst, Energy Auditor (EA) or Quality Control Inspector (QCI) certification.
Building Science Principles Certificate of Knowledge
- Description: Learn about how various components of a home, including HVAC, building envelope, ventilation, lighting and appliances interact and impact the home’s overall performance.
- Link: http://www.bpi.org/certificate
- Exam Fee: $99
- CEUs: 6 BPI CEUs
- Prerequisites: N/A
Upcoming Webinar – Building Effective Management Skills
- Description: There is a tremendous difference in being a manager and being an “effective” manager. This presentation will cover some very practical tips on how to be a very effective manager.
- Link: http://www.bpi.org/webinar/building-effective-management-skills
- CEUs: 1.5 BPI CEUs
Performance Systems Development
Performance Systems Development has several online trainings scheduled in the coming months. Course topics include ENERGY STAR Certified Homes and ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction Rater. For more information visit http://psdconsulting.com/calendar/
Slipstream offers several low-cost, on-demand webinars on topics including smart thermostats, attic configurations and ductless heat pumps. The webinars are free to view, but attendees can pay a small fee to take the associated quizzes to earn CEUs. For more information, visit: https://slipstreaminc.org/resources/webinars-videos
Building Performance Association
- BPA is monitoring COVID-19’s effects on its members and the industry, and has compiled a list of resources to help support contractors during this challenging time. For more information and access to these resources, visit: https://www.building-performance.org/coronavirus
- BPA also offers flexible and low-cost online trainings for contractors, allowing them to earn CEUs and learn about the most cutting edge topics in residential energy efficiency. For more information and a list of the courses available, visit: https://www.building-performance.org/education-and-events/training-and-workshops/online-training
Energy Circle is working to provide contractors guidance surrounding COVID-19 communication strategies. For more information and to access the contractor resources, visit https://www.energycircle.com/resources-responding-covid-19.
Southface offers several low-cost and no-cost on-demand online technical training courses. Topics include high-efficiency insulation, lighting, duct sealing and more. For more information, visit https://southface.learnupon.com/store?page=1.
Southface is also hosting several free webinars focused on ventilation, conditioned crawlspaces, ducted mechanical systems and more. For more information, visit: https://www.southface.org/education/online-training/
Blue House Energy
Blue House Energy offers affordable online trainings including Building Science Basics, Healthy Indoor Environment, Understanding HVAC Systems and more. The price of each course ranges between $50 and $200, with BPI CEUs available. For more information, visit: https://bluehouseenergy.com/courses/available-courses