Save the date! The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building Energy Codes Program is pleased to announce the 2021 National Energy Codes Conference will take place July 20-22, 2021. This year’s conference will be presented in a virtual forum and free to for all to attend. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information including registration and a range of topics featuring the latest and greatest in building energy codes!
The main event (July 21-22) will feature a variety of informative and engaging plenary sessions, discussion panels, and interactive breakouts. Preceding the event (July 20), newcomers to codes—as well as those looking to refresh their knowledge—can attend the Energy Code Bootcamp, a training workshop covering Energy Codes 101 and an introduction to DOE’s REScheck and COMcheck energy code compliance software.
This year’s featured topics will include:
- Emerging State & Local Goals: From Zero Energy to Electrification to Decarbonization
- Zero Energy: The Convergence of Energy Codes and Above-Code Programs
- Workforce Development: Opportunities for Building Codes and Compliance Programs
- The Role of Building Codes in Shaping Equity and Environmental Justice
- The Final Frontier: Energy Codes and Building Performance Standards for Existing Buildings
- And many more!
Don’t miss your opportunity to learn about the latest energy code advancements, participate in the discussion, and help inform future energy code programming.