DOE Solid-State Lighting Market Introduction Workshop
July 13-15, 2009
As more and more solid-state lighting (SSL) products emerge on the market, the need for reliable information and guidance is becoming acute. Many people look to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for timely, trusted information on this fast-moving technology. DOE workshops gather our nation's best and brightest to share the latest updates and strategies for successful market introduction of high-quality, energy-efficient SSL solutions.
The 2009 workshop was the fourth annual SSL Market Introduction Workshop, and was hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance.
OPTIONAL PRE-CONFERENCE TUTORIALS – JULY 13
Tutorials provide an introduction to DOE market-based programs, plus a look at appropriate applications for LED lighting and why luminaire efficacy matters.
WORKSHOP – JULY 14-15
- Tools and guidance for assessing LED products
- Strategies for implementing programs and incentives
- The latest on LED product performance and reliability
- Cost effectiveness trends and factors
- Evaluating outdoor LED lighting solutions
- Designer perspective on using LEDs
- Retailer perspective on marketing LED products
Highlights and Presentations of the conference are available from DOE.
More information about DOE Solid State Lighting Programs & Events from the DOE SSL Lighting Page