Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) generates and distributes electricity to 149,000 customers in Dane County and purchases and distributes natural gas to 154,000 customers in seven south-central and western Wisconsin counties. MGE's roots in the Madison area date back more than 150 years.
As your community energy company, we are committed to this area and its people.
We take responsibility to:
• Plan and provide a reliable energy supply that balances the needs and values of those we serve.
• Provide information and education to serve our customers and stakeholders and help inform their energy decisions.
• Preserve and protect our environment while providing affordable, reliable energy.
• Encourage and support economic and business development to keep our economy strong and vibrant.
• Engage in open and honest dialogue, partnership and collaboration to best serve our customers and the broader community.
Member since: 2018